Distribution Networks – A Balancing Act, Austin Court, Birmingham
Posted by Energy Networks Association in Smarter Networks
Thursday 20 Nov 2014
A Western Power Distribution dissemination event exploring the commercial aspects of smarter grids.
Western Power Distribution will share:
- The key learning from the commercial elements of our innovation projects,
- How the findings will shape the future of distribution network operation (DNO),
The resultant new commercial opportunities:
- Alternative connection methodologies for new Distributed Generators (DG)
- How and when Demand Side Response (DSR) could be used by a DNO to defer network reinforcement
- Whether energy storage can be used as an alternative to conventional network reinforcement
- Thoughts on how energy storage could be used alongside DG connections.
View more details